Important Update: Northwest is Cancelled for the Season

Via Northwest Secretary/Treasurer Steve Schalk:
Due to the travel concerns with coronavirus, the fact that locations we are traveling from and to are involved with active cases, that our group has many people who are at the highest risk, and therefore to avoid losing a good portion of our active sailors, we are going to cancel the Northwest for season.

Northwest CANCELLED

Northwest CANCELLED

ACE OF SPADES & LITTLE WIND line up to race.

 

IMPORTANT UPDATE: 12 MARCH 2020 8 AM CT:
Via Northwest Secretary/Treasurer Steve Schalk:

Due to the travel concerns with coronavirus, the fact that locations we are traveling from and to are involved with active cases, that our group has many people who are at the highest risk, and therefore to avoid losing a good portion of our active sailors, we are going to cancel the Northwest for season.

 

The 2020 Northwestern Ice Yachting Championship Regatta is on for Lake Waconia Minnesota starting Friday March 13th, 2020.

Class A, B, C, and D Stern steerers, Class A, B, and C skeeters, Renegades and DNs will be racing.

The ISA is postponed for a week.

Boecraft boats that for sure will be there are I 564 and I 234. There will be two C skeeters as well so we will sail with them in a separate start from the A skeeters. Lake Waconia is just west of Lake Minnetonka. The trip is 5 hours and 28 minutes according to Google.

Steve Schalk

 

Regatta Watch: ISA & NIYA Tentatively Called On for March 13 – 15

Regatta Watch: ISA & NIYA Tentatively Called On for March 13 – 15

Happy Birthday, PK!

UPDATE: The original post had the incorrect dates. March 13 – 15, 2020 are the correct dates for these regattas. Sorry for the confusion.

The Northwestern Ice Yachting Association Championship Regatta is called on for two potential sites: Shawano Lake in Wisconsin and Green Lake in Spicer, Minnesota. The dates are March 13 – 15, 2020. The final call will be made Wednesday March 11th no later than noon central time.

The International Skeeter Association regatta is called on for the same locations on the same dates but will only proceed if the NIYA is postponed on Wednesday. The ISA final call will be immediately following the NIYA on Wednesday morning March 11th.

Steve Schalk

ISA & NIYA Secretary/Treasurer

Regatta Watch: ISA, Northwest, and WSSA Postponed

Regatta Watch: ISA, Northwest, and WSSA Postponed

Stern Steerer: TWIN BEDS Peter McCormick

The ISA and Northwest Championship Regattas have been postponed to March 13th, 14th and 15th 2020. Sites under consideration are still either snow covered or too thin to be viable. It is expected that more locations will become available as we melt down this week.
Steve Schalk
ISA & NIYA Secretary/Treasurer

The Wisconsin Stern Steering Association regatta has been postponed to March 14 and March 15. The Northwest Regatta is scheduled for the same weekend and will take precedence. The next update will be Sunday, March 8. Check back here at that time. Still too much snow though it is melting.

Andy Gratton
WSSA Secretary/Treasurer

Regatta Watch: ISA Called ON for Feb 7-9; NIYA Postponed

Regatta Watch: ISA Called ON for Feb 7-9; NIYA Postponed

Renegades rounding the weather mark at the 2013 ISA regatta on Lake Kegonsa

The Northwest Regatta has been postponed to February 14th, 15th and 16th, 2020.

The ISA is called on for the Four Lakes of Madison for February 7th, 8th and 9th, 2020. Potential sites are Lake Mendota at Middleton Bay and Lake Kegonsa.

The final call will be made by noon CT on Wednesday February 5th, 2020.

Steve Schalk
ISA and NIYA Secretary/Treasurer

On behalf of the NIYA and ISA Race Committees

Regatta Watch: ISA & NIYA Postponed

Regatta Watch: ISA & NIYA Postponed

Photo: Jeff Russell

Via ISA and NIYA Secretary/Treasurer Steve Schalk:

The Northwest and ISA race Committees have postponed to next week. The Regatta dates are: February 7th, 8th and 9th, 2020. As always the Northwest takes preference over the ISA as they are now scheduled on the same dates.
There are no sailable sites at this point. Large portions of Green and Geneva remain open and many slush covered lakes may become sailable when colder temperatures occur.

%d bloggers like this: