Stern Steerer: TWIN BEDS Peter McCormick
The ISA and Northwest Championship Regattas have been postponed to March 13th, 14th and 15th 2020. Sites under consideration are still either snow covered or too thin to be viable. It is expected that more locations will become available as we melt down this week.
ISA & NIYA Secretary/Treasurer
The Wisconsin Stern Steering Association regatta has been postponed to March 14 and March 15. The Northwest Regatta is scheduled for the same weekend and will take precedence. The next update will be Sunday, March 8. Check back here at that time. Still too much snow though it is melting.
Renegades rounding the weather mark at the 2013 ISA regatta on Lake Kegonsa
The Northwest Regatta has been postponed to February 14th, 15th and 16th, 2020.
The ISA is called on for the Four Lakes of Madison for February 7th, 8th and 9th, 2020. Potential sites are Lake Mendota at Middleton Bay and Lake Kegonsa.
The final call will be made by noon CT on Wednesday February 5th, 2020.
ISA and NIYA Secretary/Treasurer
On behalf of the NIYA and ISA Race Committees
Photo: Jeff Russell
Via ISA and NIYA Secretary/Treasurer Steve Schalk:
The Northwest and ISA race Committees have postponed to next week. The Regatta dates are: February 7th, 8th and 9th, 2020. As always the Northwest takes preference over the ISA as they are now scheduled on the same dates.
There are no sailable sites at this point. Large portions of Green and Geneva remain open and many slush covered lakes may become sailable when colder temperatures occur.
Via ISA & NIYA Secretary Steve Schalk:
Green and Geneva are both wide open with only a little ice in the east end of each, so there is hope in two weeks. No place to go for January 24th. Both regattas are postponed until January 31, February 1 – 2, 2020. Next update Sunday, January 26, 2020.
The Wisconsin Stern Steering Association regatta has been postponed to February 1 and 2. The next update will be Sunday, January 26. Check back here at that time. Perhaps Green Lake or Lake Geneva will be ready by then.
Via Northwest Ice Yacht Association Secretary/Treasurer Steve Schalk:
The Northwestern Ice Yachting Association Championship Regatta is postponed to January 24th, 25th and 26th 2020. There are no sailable locations at this time. The weather forecast is snowy, but there are many of our regular sites with open water ready to freeze, hopefully after the snow. Check back on Sunday, January 19 for the next update.
ACE OF SPADES & LITTLE WIND line up to race.
The 2020 Northwest Regatta is tentatively scheduled for January 17-19, 2020. NIYA Secretary/Treasurer Steve Schalk has released the 2020 NIYA Notice of Race and NIYA Agenda. Next update is on Sunday, January 12, 2020.