The middle of July signals that we are halfway through the off-season and time for one of the most important soft water races of the summer season, the Chicago Yacht Club’s 109th Race to Mackinac. Follow the race tracking on the website.
Your ice sailing roster this year includes:
- DENALI (Turbo Division), owned by Rick Hennig of the DEUCE fame. Fellow iceboaters joining him on DENALI are Dave Elsmo, Todd Knop,and Eric Tobias.
- Via Renee Sherry: IMPORTANT UPDATE: due to technical difficulties, Equation will NOT be participating in the Chicago Mackinac regatta. Ron Sherry will be sailing on DYNAMIS.
EQUATION (Section 1), with Ron Sherry at the helm, son Griffin Sherry, and fellow Michigan DNer Chris Clark on board.
- BANDIT (Section 2), with DNer Chris Berger. BANDIT’S owners Arvid Eiesland and Joe Kestler have DNs, Arrows, and an old Palmer Skeeter.
- WINDSONG (Section 8) has DNer Andy Camarda on board.
- CHAYA DOIN (Cruising Division) has DNer Marci Grunert on board.
- GAUNTLET (Section 5) has DNer Gail McCarthy Turluck on board.
Drop me an email if I missed you and I’ll add you to the list. Good luck and safe sailing to all competitors.