4LIYC Awards Banquet: Save the Date for April 21, 2018 @ Springer’s. Banquet Reservation Form
Results from day one thanks to Mary Jane Schalk.
Click here to see results
2018 Nite National Gold Fleet Green Lake March 3 & 4 2018 Nite National - Green Lake Overall Sailed: 3, Discards: 0, To count: 3, Entries: 22, Scoring system: Appendix A Rank Class SailNo HelmName R1 R2 R3 Total Nett 1st Gold 272 Tom Sweitzer 0.75 3.00 0.75 4.50 4.50 2nd Gold 339 Peter Vandervelde 3.00 0.75 2.00 5.75 5.75 3rd Gold 351 Brian Niles 4.00 4.00 4.00 12.00 12.00 4th Gold 550 Mark Prange 7.00 10.00 3.00 20.00 20.00 5th Gold 595 Joe Norton 9.00 9.00 5.00 23.00 23.00 6th Gold 517 Dan Bierman 8.00 2.00 23.00 DNF 33.00 33.00 7th Gold 255 Matt Peterson 12.00 6.00 23.00 DNC 41.00 41.00 8th Gold 544 Mike Peters 2.00 17.00 23.00 DNF 42.00 42.00 9th Gold 520 Grant Frautschi 6.00 13.00 23.00 DNF 42.00 42.00 10th Gold 305 Rick Wilfert 15.00 5.00 23.00 DNC 43.00 43.00 11th Gold 54 Jeff Ragainis 14.00 8.00 23.00 DNF 45.00 45.00 12th Gold 282 Drew Vandervelde 16.00 7.00 23.00 DNF 46.00 46.00 13th Gold 564 Byron Hill 11.00 14.00 23.00 DNC 48.00 48.00 14th Gold 497 Maureen Bohleber 5.00 23.0DNC 23.00 DNF 51.00 51.00 15th Gold 487 Jim McCabe 13.00 16.00 23.00 DNF 52.00 52.00 16th Gold 547 19.00 11.00 23.00 DNC 53.00 53.00 17th Gold 322 Chad Rechcygl 20.00 12.00 23.00 DNF 55.00 55.00 18th Gold 303 Nick Vandervelde 10.00 23.0DNF 23.00 DNF 56.00 56.00 19th Gold 238 Mike Jankowski 18.00 15.00 23.00 DNF 56.00 56.00 20th Gold 350 Mark Wilfert 17.00 23.0DNC 23.00 DNC 63.00 63.00 21st Gold 165 Tony Janowiek 21.00 23.0DNF 23.00 DNF 67.00 67.00 22nd Gold 433 23.00DN 23.00DNC23.00 DNC 69.00 69.00 2018 Nite National Silver Green Lake March 3 & 4 2018 Nite Silver Green Lake Overall Sailed: 2, Discards: 0, To count: 2, Entries: 12, Scoring system: Appendix A Rank Class SailNo HelmName R1 R2 Total Nett 1st Silver 503 Jeff Seeboth 0.75 2.00 2.75 2.75 2nd Silver 60 Dick Grota 3.00 0.75 3.75 3.75 3rd Silver 10 2.00 5.00 7.00 7.00 4th Silver 160 Ken Kreider 4.00 4.00 8.00 8.00 5th Silver 511G John Mason 6.00 6.00 12.00 12.00 6th Silver 384 Don Sanford 8.00 7.00 15.00 15.00 7th Silver 94 Dave Whealon 13.00 DNF 3.00 16.00 16.00 8th Silver 205 Jim Magnuson 5.00 13.00 DNF 18.00 18.00 9th Silver 511B 10.00 8.00 18.00 18.00 10th Silver 386 7.00 13.00 DNF 20.00 20.00 11th Silver 58 Terry Reynolds 9.00 13.00 DNF 22.00 22.00 12th 433 13.00 DNF 13.00 DNC 26.00 26.00
From Nite Commodore Don Sanford:
Nite Nationals have been called ON for Green Lake, WI March 3 & 4 2018.Here are the details you need to know:
- INCA NOR 2018
- INCA Sailing Instr 2018
- INCA Nationals Registration & Waiver 2018
- Launch site: Dodge County park on the west end of Green Lake
- DO NOT DRIVE ON THE ICE: Host club will have ATV’s available for moving trailers
- Hotel: We have a block of 15 hotel rooms in Ripon at the Comfort Suites. Mention you are here for the iceboat regatta to get the $89 rate for two queens. (920) 748-5500
- First Race: Please note that the time of Saturday’s first race has been set at 0900.
- Entry: If you registered and paid when we attempted to hold the regatta on Mendota last month, your fee is paid. Please complete the registration form again, just indicate on it that you paid back in February.
- Fleet Meeting: We may have a fleet meeting on Saturday after racing. That will be announced at Skippers meeting Saturday morning
- Dinner-Saturday night: at the Gooseblind in Green Lake at 7pm all you can eat pizza, salad and pasta.
Not a big surprise, but the Renegade regatta is also postponed.
Next update Sunday evening.
From Jay Yaeso:
The ISA Race Committee is postponing another week. Ice checkers
found 20″ of ice but current ramp conditions will not be able to
tolerate a regatta.
We continue our search for having a 2018 ISA championship.
Next update March 4, 2018
From Tim McCormick:
The NIYA Regatta is postponed until March 9-11. The landings in Madison, Green Lake, Winnebago, and Green Bay will not support cars or large trailers so we’re keeping our eyes open for potential ice north of Suamico, WI for the regatta. Next update is Sunday, March 3 at 8pm CST.
From “Mr. Nite” Don Sanford:
Don’t put your boat away, there’s still ice.Here’s this week’s regatta update.The Northwest has been called ON for March 2-4. Should they postpone, the ISA may call ON. Primary site for either regatta will be Green Bay, probably Windjammers Sailing Club in Suamico, WI, though that may change depending on conditions. Other possible locations are Lake Winnebago, Green Lake or the Madison, WI area. Should the Northwest call ON, Nite Nationals will be called ON for March 3 & 4 on the best ice available. If the ISA is called ON, we will sail with the ISA and postpone nationals.The Northwest and ISA will make a decision on Wednesday by noon CST. Per our NOR, we will make our decision on Thursday by at noon CST.You may have noticed that NiteRacing.org has not been updated for a few days. Until that issue can be resolved I’ve asked John to keep us up to date through our Facebook page and Team Snap.I will have another update on Wednesday afternoon.
ISA called ON. Green Bay primary location.
Final call Wednesday noon.
The Northwest Regatta is tentatively called ON for March 2-4.
Primary regatta site is Green Bay, WI with secondary sites in Green Lake, Lake Winnebago, and Madison.
We’re keeping a close eye on the warm weather coming this week and will inspect launch ramps and ice on Wednesday morning.
Final determination will be Wednesday, February 28th at Noon CST.
We’re not done yet so… Think Ice!
Vice Commodore Tim McCormick and the other ice-checkers extensively scouted the local lakes this morning (thanks everyone!).
We decided against club racing this weekend. Although the ice in the center of Lakes Mendota and Monona is raceable, the window of opportunity for racing is small due to rain and high winds forecast for Saturday afternoon and really high winds on Sunday. In addition, the landings are soft and will make getting boats on and off the ice a challenge.
From Nite Commodore Don Sanford:
Mother Nature has dealt us another bad hand. Here in Wisconsin, especially in the southern part of the state we’ve received a lot of rain in the past couple of days. The good news is that our snow is gone. Not the bad news–today ice checkers around ruts, soft landings and lots of shelf ice on Madison lakes, Pewaukee, Geneva or Green. Clearly not regatta conditions. Up north and in Minnesota they’re still snowed in. Therefore, Nite Nationals have been postponed to March 3 & 4. Keep your fingers crossed.
Next update on Sunday, Feb 25.